Thank you for your interest in submitting to The Nora’s Salon! After our hiatus during the pandemic, we hope to re-launch our informal reading series in NYC in the Fall of 2023. Stay tuned for more details.
The Nora Salon (TNS) in NYC is an opportunity for emerging women playwrights from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to hear their work read aloud in a casual setting. TNS is also an informal gathering of artists and Nora’s supporters who want an inside look at how plays get from page to stage and the opportunity to participate in the development process.
We welcome submissions of any genre and length for The Nora Salon provided they:
- Are by women playwrights in the NYC area,
- Centrally feature women’s stories and perspectives,
- Have not yet had a production.
Finished pieces and works-in-progress are both welcome. For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for The Nora Salon.
In order to complete your submission, email your script attached as a pdf to Sharon Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief cover letter in the body of your email that contains the following information:
- Your location (all playwrights will ideally live in the greater NYC metro area since the expectation is that they would attend the in-person reading),
- Your brief bio,
- A brief 150 to 200 word synopsis of the piece,
- The estimated running time of your play,
- and confirmation that your play has not yet been produced.